Thursday, August 15, 2013

Style Coordinator - FAQ

FAQ

Q: What do you do?
A: I am a Style Coordinator

Q: What is a style coordinator?
A: A style coordinator is one who puts together looks and examines and determines appropriate style options for individuals, models, photographers, fashion designers, and businesses. For example: I would work with a photographer to decide what the models should wear based on the photo shoot concept. I collaborate with the photographer to understand what the set represents, how the models figure in, and how what the models' wardrobe should tie in.

Q: Do you have a specialty?
A: Yes. I focus on color and fit. Eye catching style is less about revealing clothes or the latest name brands, as it is about what is being worn and how.

Q: How long have you been a style coordinator?
A: It depends on who you ask. To people who have known me for some years, I've been at it since they met me. However, as a business, I have been doing this for a year.

Q: Where did you get the term "bobbyism", and what does it mean?
A: The term "bobbyism" was used to describe phrases that I would come up with to describe situations. I have always been a creative person, so coming up with my own slang just became a habit.
"bobbyism" now refers to what I bring to the table when it comes to style concepts. For example: I may take a typical gray suit, then put some "ism" on it, in the form of a half zip sweater, a rugby shirt, and a pocket square, to make it a casual look.

Q: Do you prefer to style women or men?
A: It doesn't make a difference. Everybody needs some "ism" in life

No comments:

Post a Comment